Welcome to the Batavia Photography Club
The photo club meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays from September through May.
Meetings are held at the Richmond Memorial Library, 5 Ross ST, Batavia New York 14020 at 6:30 P.M for camera questions or informal picture critiques. The meetings formal presentation starts at 7:00 P.M. (Unless otherwise noted).
Visitors are always welcome to attend a meeting . For more club info go to membership on the pull down menu or email our club president at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 - 2018 Batavia Photography Club Calendar
Sept. 18th - Walk DeWitt Park and cell phone photography.
- Plan B: if weather is bad: meet and talk about upcoming year. Add in camera
functions/learn your camera.
Oct. 2nd - Table Top
Oct. 16th - Member critique - Each member submit 3 or 4 images. (Digital OR/& prints)
Oct. 30th - Extra Monday —- Star Shoot
Nov. 6th - Race car speaker
Nov. 20th - Shoot & talk about exposure compensation, HDR exposure & Photo
Dec. 4th - Member photo retouch show and tell (with image limit and time limit)
Dec. 18th - Christmas dinner somewhere & walk around shoot
Jan. 15th - Focus stacking (hands on?) & Develop Black and White
Jan. 29th - Extra Monday —- Possible fun day/field trip
Feb. 5th - Member critique - Each member submits 3 or 4 images. (Digital OR/& prints)
Feb. 19th - Studio night at Sue’s.
Mar. 5th - Lenses
Mar. 19th - End of Year Competition
Mar. 31st - Saturday Morning - set up Richmond Library Exhibit
April 2nd - Reception Open House at Library
April 16th - Scavenger Hunt
May 7th - End of Year Dinner - Robert Williams Banquet Dinner
The Batavia Photography Club:
Was founded by a small group of local photography enthusiasts , to provide mutual support in developing knowledge and skills in their chosen hobby or profession. It is a member of the Niagara Frontier Regional Camera Club
Our Mission Statement
The Batavia Photography Club is a group of people that is uniquely focused on helping individuals develop the skills that they require to enjoy their hobby through practical meetings that focus on hands-on learning in a friendly and inclusive environment.
Through meetings on the first and third Monday of the month ,we provide facilities and skills for the members, as a group, to develop the skills that they require to enjoy their hobby.
• Provide a program of evenings and events that are driven by the needs and wishes of the members.
• Provide professional advice to members on the selection and use of digital equipment and software including cameras, photo printers and personal computer equipment.
• Provide high quality interactive skills workshops
• Provide practical workshops on taking photographs of a wide range of subjects and lighting situations.
• Hold occasional field trips to allow members to practice their capabilities and to get experience in new situations.
• Hold internal competitions that are judged and analyzed by the club members as a peer activity.
• Provide the occasional social activity for members and friends to enjoy one another’s company.